Beautiful Vistosi cylinder hat shaped vase in clear glass with partial black glass at the bottom and a red glass edge. Designer Alessandro Pianon started working for Vistosi in 1956 and founded his own design office in 1962.
Vistosi is one of the oldest glassblowing families, their roots date back to the 18th century. In 1945, Guglielmo Vistosi opened a manufacture of innovative design and concepts of production. The industrial design fascinated Vistosi. He connected this with local glass-making techniques. After his death in 1952, his younger brother Oreste Vistosi acquired the company, assisted by the sons Gino and Luciano. The factory now specialised in light objects. His nephew and external artists worked in the factory, such as Peter Pelzel, Alessandro Pianon or Fulvio Bianconi. In 1963, a big exhibition took place in the Danese Gallery. In the same year, the factory received the Golden Compass Award for a series of cylindrical vase with spirals.