This exquisite and very rare round cabinet on non-visible wheels designed by Osvaldo Borsani for Tecno is made out of lacquered plywood, laminate, leather and steel. The plywood interior revolves inside the black leather upholstered exterior. Manufacturer’s label to interior as pictured. Documented in Repertorio 1950-1980, page 299. Founder with his brother Fulgenzio of Tecno, the architect Osvaldo Borsani designed most of Tecno’s and italian design’s icons, like the working system Graphis, the D70 sofa, the P40 lounge-chair and the smal tables T1 and T2. Osvaldo Borsani began to work at an early age in the family business of making furniture. In 1933 he participated in the fifth Triennale of Milan with the design for the “ Minimal House”, which was awarded the silver medal. In the post-war period, after graduation from Polytechnic, he formed friendships with numerous artists like Lucio Fontana, Agenore Fabbri, Aligi Sassu, Roberto Crippa, Fausto Melotti, and Arnaldo Pomodoro, together with whom he realized important works of art in furnishing and interior architecture. In 1953, along with his brother Fulgenzio, he founded Tecno, the great project for which he worked his whole life in order to develop standard production with reference to that of design. His first industrial designs were the P40 adjustable armchair (1953) and the D70 reversible seat sofa.