This very large sconce was part of the 1920s interior of a ballroom/theater in Turin Italy. Five palm leaves made from white Pulegoso glass with gold foil enclosed clear glass grain arise from a brass foundation. Pulegoso glass contains numerous bubbles, making the glass semiopaque and give the surface an irregular texture. Pulegoso was developed by Napoleone Martinuzzi (1892-1977) on the island of Murano, Italy, in the 1920s. When switched on the seven-light bulbs inside the sconce spread a beautiful light.