Set of four Kaare Klint “Red Chair” chairs in oak, red naugahyde and brass nails. Executed by Rud. Rasmussen, circa 1936, in excellent all original condition. Underside with partial manufacturer’s paper label RUD. RASMUSSENS/SNEDKERIER. Kaare Klint was a Danish architect and furniture designer, known as the father of modern Danish furniture design. Style was epitomized by clean, pure lines, use of the best materials of his time and superb craftsmanship. In 1914, Klint designed his first piece of furniture, the Faaborg Chair, for Carl Petersen’s Faaborg Museum in 1914. He went on to create furniture and fittings for a number of other museums. From 1921 to 1926 he was responsible for the conversion of Frederiks Hospital into the Danish Museum of Art & Design together with Thorkild Henningsen and Ivar Bentsen. In 1927 he also created a chair in mahogany for the museum which was inspired by English 18th-century chairs. Klint’s carefully researched furniture designs are based on functionality, proportions adapted to the human body, craftsmanship, and the use of high-quality materials. Notable examples of his work include the Propeller Stool (1927), the Safari Chair and the Deck Chair (both 1933), the Church Chair (1936), and the Circle Bed (1938) featuring curved sides and rounded ends, with hand-woven textiles by Lis Ahlmann. As a result of the furniture school he founded at the Royal Academy in 1924, Klint had a strong influence on Danish furniture, inspiring designers such as Poul Kjærholm and Børge Mogensen.